Learn to preserve summer harvest safely!
The University of Arkansas Cooperative Extension Service will host a Canning and Freezing Workshop on:
- Monday, July 9, 5:30-6:30 p.m., at Thompson Library (38 Rahling Road, 72223)
- Wednesday, July 11, 12-1 p.m., at Williams Library (1800 South Chester Street, 72206)
- Wednesday, July 18, 12- 1 p.m., at Main Library, Cox Creative Center (120 River Market Avenue, 72201)
All workshops will be held in Little Rock.
Topics to be covered include:
- Basic food safety principles
- How to use a water bath canner and pressure canner
- Canning and freezing fact sheets
- Video showing how to can salsa
- Freezing fruits and vegetables
- Web resources on preserving
Lameria Colclough-Triplett, University of Arkansas Extension Educator, Family & Consumer Sciences, will instruct the class.
Classes are free and open to the public.
Contact Lameria Colclough-Triplett at (501) 340-6650 or email@example.com for more information.
If you have a community garden or know of groups that would like to have a class or workshop on canning and freezing, please contact Lameria.